The Infrastructure practice group at FM provides assistance and advice to clients in the railways, roads, bridges, and airports sectors.
The firm has a nationwide practice base and has successfully represented and advised numerous clients in the airports, airlines, railways and road transit sectors. We have advised various stakeholders (owners, developers, governments, investors, lenders, contractors etc.) in the infrastructure sector. The list of infrastructure projects handled by our counsel including negotiated infrastructure projects speaks for the firm’s caliber in the said area of work. The experience of the firm with regard to infrastructure projects ranges from acting as a legal adviser to financiers of projects and the preparation and negotiation of the financing documentation, inter-creditor arrangements and trust and retention documents, to the carrying out of due diligence on the project contracts and preparing and negotiating project documentation for stakeholders.
Our services include advice related to structuring of Project company, tax structures, advice on legal, regulatory and transactional issues at the various stages of project conception and execution. Our counsels provide the client complete legal solutions and advice from pre-qualification stage to bidding, to the tender process to final execution of documents.
An indicative list of our experience in the infrastructure area is as follows:
- Advising Lufthansa in relation to various issues/documents including the tenders, concession agreements with the Bangalore International Airport Limited and the GMR Hyderabad International Airport Limited.
- Advising Intercontinental Commerce Corp., USA in relation to monorail project in India.
- Advised the Ministry of Finance on the modernisation of the Delhi and Mumbai Airports, which included reviewing of the Concession Agreement, lease deed, the shareholders agreement and other related documents.
- Advised the Brihanmumbai Electric Supply & Transport (BEST) in association with TATA Consultancy Services (TCS) on the legal and regulatory aspects of the proposed restructuring of (BEST) broadly categorized into the Institutional Development Strategy (IDS) and Management Information System (MIS) study being conducted on behalf of the World Bank.
- Advised the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) on the tender documents and various agreements/contracts.
- Advising GMR Infrastructure Ltd. on the bidding documentation (Consortium Agreement, Lead Bidder Agreement etc.) for the International Airport Project at Hyderabad.
- Advising a Company in relation to Delhi Metro Rail Project.
- Advising a Company in relation to Noida Toll Bridge Project.
- Advising PDCOR Limited in relation to Jalmahal Tourism Infrastructure Project in Jaipur.
- Advising a large South East Asian Conglomerate in relation to Highway Projects in India.
- Advising a Finance Company in relation to its Roadway Project in Lucknow.
- STA Consortium Pte Ltd in setting up a wholly owned subsidiary in India.